We currently have Job Openings!
Ansley Communications is a full service communications technology provider offering
Mitel VoIP and Hosted Business Telephone Systems, Cabling, Access Control, CCTV,
Fire / Security systems, Fiber optics and IT / computer support to businesses in
Northeast Georgia from multi location corporations to small businesses.
Ansley Communications Group, Inc.
Phone: 706-778-5480 or 770-869-9703
Ansley Communications Group is looking for a qualified Computer Technician to install, maintain and repair computers and networks. This Technicians’ key goal is to ensure that adequate IT infrastructure is in place and is used to its maximum capabilities.
To qualify, you must be well-versed in computer systems and network functions. The ideal candidate will be able to work diligently and accurately and will possess a great problem-solving ability in order to fix issues and ensure functionality.
The goal is to install and maintain high quality networks and computer systems.
- Set up hardware and install and configure software and drivers
- Maintain and repair technological equipment (e.g. routers) or peripheral devices
- Install well-functioning LAN/WAN and other networks and manage components (servers, IPs etc.)
- Manage security options and software in computers and networks to maintain privacy and protection from attacks
- Perform regular upgrades to ensure systems remain updated
- Troubleshoot system failures or bugs and provide solutions to restore functionality
- Arrange maintenance sessions to discover and mend inefficiencies
- Keep records of repairs and fixes for future reference
- Offer timely technical support and teach users how to utilize computers correctly
- Proven experience as computer technician or similar role
- Experience with LAN/WAN networks
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems and IT components
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Very good communication abilities
- Exceptional organizing and time-management skills
- Relevant certifications (e.g. CompTIA A+) will be an advantage
Junior Network Technician
The Junior Network Technician will be responsible for contributing to the design,
implementation, modification, and management of varied network infrastructure deployment
scenarios and technologies. This position requires moderate skills with a high level of
proficiency to analyze, research, and implement projects across the LAN/WAN. The Junior
Network Technician will work closely with Sr. Network Engineers and Security Engineer(s).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other
duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Configure, support, and maintain routers, switches, network appliances, firewalls, and
other communication devices
- Prepare technical documentation necessary to communicate ideas, concepts, and details
necessary to accomplish specific goals
- Responsible for system performance; supports/troubleshoots voice/network issues and
coordinates installation of such items as routers and switches
- Responsible for monitoring and control of the status and performance of on-line network
- Interface with Customer Support and Infrastructure teams to resolve problems in a timely
manner. May communicate with clients to provide quick and accurate problem
- Determine priority of action and additional resources required, based on severity of
- Draft and maintain technical documentation, processes, procedures, and network
- Install, configure and/or support technical components, operating systems, network
equipment and software, middleware components and network applications
- Participate in the planning, design and implementation of projects and IT initiatives
- May be required to provide on-call service with other department employees
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with routers and switches
- Experience with IT security processes and documentation
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in TCP/IP addressing and calculations
- Understanding of wide area network components (Ethernet and MPLS) and routing and
switching with intermediate knowledge in the following areas: Network design, network
security concepts, 802.11x wireless, and MPLS
- Network administrator and/or design skills of the complexity typically required to earn Juniper
Enterprise and or Security Certifications as well as Alcatel Lucent Switching and Routing
Certifications in order to demonstrate an intensive desire to improve one’s current skillset.
- Experience in WLAN technologies including, but not limited to, WLAN campus deployments
as well as point to point and point to multipoint technologies.
- Ability to operate independently and manage complex assignments
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively convey complex and detailed
technical information to a diverse population
- Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines
- Solid analytical, problem-solving, decision-making and time management skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Intense focus on detail and accuracy of work
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined team of technology engineers
Security / Cabling / Access Control Technician
Location: Cornelia, GA
Overview: Ansley Communications is currently pursuing qualified
candidates to assist our client's
team as a seasoned Access Control/CCTV Security Technician.
Primary responsibilities will be to mark up drawings and shall be familiar with
as-built drawings, testing ACS doors, installing various means of data, voice and
security network connectivity (i.e. cabling, patch cords, CCTV, etc.).
Qualified Candidates Will Have Extensive Experience with the Following
- Fire Alarms
- Security Systems
- CCTV Systems
- Phone / Data / CATV Systems
Install and program DVR's, Video servers, CCTV, Fire Alarm systems, Fiber optic
and Data/Voice Cabling. Install, terminate, test, label and document horizontal,
backbone and other cables and wires.
- Must have 3+ years of experience in installation of Access Control, CCTV and cabling
and electronic devices associated with Telecom and Security Systems.
- Must have ability to install, terminate and test low voltage cables and CCTV (to
include twisted pair cable, CAT-6, CAT-5, coax, power limited tray cable, stranded
and solid conductor low voltage cable, single mode and multi-mode fiber optical
- A valid driver's license
- A High School Diploma or equivalent (Vocational/Technical/Business School strongly
- Ability to read Blue Prints
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to pass applicable state and federal background checks
- Must pass drug screening
Work Requirements / Conditions
- Be on his or her feet for long periods of time. Must be well spoken and can dress
- Use of small hand tools and power tools.
- Heavy physical effort (usually lifting/moving up to 75 pounds).
- Climbing of stairs, ladders, and/or scaffolds.